CA Insurance License # 0I60675.
Emily A. Secord, Financial Advisor and Certified Financial Planner
A lifelong love of learning led me to the financial industry as I was regularly answering questions related to personal finance for friends and family. Knowing there was a lot more to learn, I began exploring other topics and reading articles which led to an entire summer of studying to obtain my securities registrations licenses. I would later complete a degree in Economics from the University of Oregon.
- Obtained financial industry registrations in 2011 (Series 7, Series 66; Life, Health, Variable Insurance)
- Continued on and received additional professional designations: CRPC®, Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor and: CFP®, Certified Financial Planner
- November 2019, affiliated with First Allied Securities to establish my own practice in order to focus on helping clients reach their goals
- Born in Oregon, grew up in the Midwest (Indiana & Michigan) and returned to the beloved West Coast in 2008
- Married in 2013 to Ian and welcomed our baby boy, Abraham, in 2020, we really enjoy time spent together and with our energetic pup, Apple, a rescue Goldendoodle.
I believe helping people make smart financial decisions can positively impact their lives and those of future generations. I thoroughly enjoy a good challenge, working through all possible scenarios to determine which pieces best fit a complex puzzle for my clients. As a Certified Financial Planner, it's of high importance to me to get to serve as a fiduciary and creating long-lasting relationships with clients and their families. Helping people and getting to celebrate life's journey together is one of my favorite parts of what I do.
Giving back to our community is a high priority for me. We get to "vote" on the kind of community we live in by volunteering, serving on boards and taking care of the people around us. I want to be a part of ensuring we have a healthy, vibrant community for years to come.
* Junior League of Eugene, Past President, Sustaining Member * Eugene Estate Planning Council, Member * Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce, Member
I enjoy getting to decompress with a good book, getting outdoors in good weather, meeting new people, scuba diving in warm climates, catching up with friends, playing cards/board games with my family, and spending time with my husband (Ian), my son (Abe), and our dog (Apple). I enjoy yoga, Barre3 and cycle classes when the mood strikes!