Emily A. Secord, CFP®
Certified Financial Planner™
CA Insurance License # 0I60675.
Emily A. Secord, Certified Financial Planner™
A lifelong love of learning led me to the financial industry as I was regularly answering questions related to personal finance for friends and family. Knowing there was a lot more to learn, I began exploring other topics and reading articles which led to an entire summer of studying to obtain my securities registrations licenses. I would later complete a degree in Economics from the University of Oregon.
- Obtained financial industry registrations in 2011 (Series 7, Series 66) as well as Life, Health, and Variable Insurance licenses.
- Continued on and received additional professional designations: CRPC®, Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor, and: CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™
- In 2019, I joined First Allied Securities (Cetera Advisors) to establish my own practice to focus on my passion for advising successful families on their strategic decisions around businesses and life events in order to create positive, lasting impacts, so they can focus on what's important to them - making time and memories with their families.
- Born in Oregon, grew up in the Midwest (Indiana & Michigan), and returned to the West Coast in 2008
- Married in 2013 to Ian and we have 2 young kids, Abraham and Owen; we really enjoy spending time together and our energetic puppy, Apple, a rescue Goldendoodle.
I believe helping people make smart financial decisions can positively impact their lives and create positive ripple effects for future generations. I thoroughly enjoy a good challenge, working through all possible scenarios to determine which pieces best fit a complex puzzle for my clients. As a Certified Financial Planner, it's of high importance to me to get to serve as a fiduciary and to create long-lasting relationships with clients and their families. Helping people and getting to celebrate life's journey together is one of my favorite parts of what I do.
Giving back to our community is a high priority for me. We get to "vote" on the kind of community we live in by volunteering, serving on boards, and taking care of the people around us. I want to be a part of ensuring we have a healthy, vibrant community for years to come.
* Junior League of Eugene, Past President, Sustaining Member * Eugene Estate Planning Council, Member * Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce, Member
I enjoy getting to decompress with a good book, getting outdoors in good weather, meeting new people, scuba diving in warm climates, catching up with friends, playing cards/board games with my family, and spending time with my husband (Ian), my two boys (Abraham and Owen), and our dog (Apple). I enjoy yoga, Barre3, and cycle classes when the mood strikes!